Entry Rules and Information
Sunday, August 15, 2021, 1:00 PM in the Entertainment Center
This is a Carver County Fair favorite that showcases the best amateur talent around! Do you have a special talent that you'd like to show off?
The Carver County Fair Talent Contest is open to all amateur entertainers. Professional entertainers (including union musicians or those whose talent is a principal source of income) are not permitted to enter.
There will be three divisions:
- Pre-Teen: Age 12 & Under
- Teen: Age 13 to 18
- Open: Any Age
Note: Accompanists, when not part of the act, may be any age.
When registering for a division, consider the following:
- Check appropriate division for age group. If this division is filled at time of registration, we will place according to what is available.
- If you are registering for more than one division, consideration will be dependent upon the number of entries received (we would like as many contestants as possible to have an opportunity to perform). If there are open slots in a division, 2nd entries will be considered in the order received.
- Eligibility of the past winners: The Pre-Teen and Teen division first place winners in last year's Talent Contest are eligible to enter this year's Carver County Fair Talent Contest, but must compete in the Open Division category, or if their age moves them into the next division. (1st place winners cannot compete in the same division as the previous year.)
- First place winners from last year's Open Division can enter this year's Talent Contest unless they placed first in last year's State Fair County Talent Contest.
- Participants will be judged on various categories. Judges' results will be final.
- All entries are not guaranteed a slot to perform. Divisions will be limited to 10 entries.
Acts must be self-contained. A complete sound system with two microphones will be available. However, there will be no instrument amplifiers; therefore, you must bring them if you need them. A piano and a CD player will be provided. CDs may be used as accompaniment for acts.
Accompaniment: Vocalists may use a recorded instrumental accompaniment only; ABSOLUTELY NO VOCALS ARE ALLOWED ON THE RECORDING TO PREVENT DISQUALIFICATION.
ALL ACTS ARE LIMITED TO 4 MINUTES OR LESS IN LENGTH
Prizes will be given to the winners in all divisions as follows:
- 1st prize: $100.00
- 2nd prize: $75.00
- 3rd prize: $50.00
- 4th prize: $25.00
The 1st place winners in all three divisions are eligible to be entered as a semifinalist in the Minnesota State Fair County Fair Talent Contest and will be eligible for cash prizes. Semi-finals are held nightly during the Minnesota State Fair.
ENTRIES WILL BE TAKEN MAY 1, 2021 UNTIL AUGUST 1, 2021 OR UNTIL DIVISIONS ARE FULL. If you have any questions, contact Steve Rolf at 612-867-2603. Entries will be received on a first-come first-serve basis with the consideration for variety in the total program. After your entry is received and accepted, you will receive admission tickets and more information. All accepted acts perform on Sunday, August 15, 2021 in the Entertainment Center at 1:00 PM.
Entry deadline: August 1, 2021